Auto_whitelist job is to STOP the processing / filter of emails that really
don't need to be processed. Heres a great example. You have all your email
coming in to your server scanned with SA ( Spamassassin ) unless it's a Authed
user sending it. And you've already added abunch of user to SA's
whitelists (whitelist_from). Well that fine minus the fact that even though
you told SA there a person you don't wanto get marked as spam. It's still
going to run that email though ALL it's testing. Which I think is 100% waste
of CPU time, Memmory and really just slows down email traffice as a whole.
1. Download auto_whitelist
2. untar & gzip into your MailRoot/filters dir
3. To make sure you start off with a clean DB delete the auto_whitelist.db
file. Then run auto_whitelist.pl -c
4. edit your filter.post-data.tab and enter in this line (You'll want to put
this line BEFORE all the other filter you DON'T want to have run on a
emailaddress you have white listed):
5. restart xmail as needed
6. running auto_whitelist.pl -h will show u all your options
2. Perl modules (DBI,SQLite,Getopt::Std)
1. Greatly reduces mail that needs to scann mail that doesn't need to be
1. Currently there is no way for a normal user to remove a whitelisted user.
2. Address Spoofing could be used to defeat this. (on the other hand it would
also probably defeat SA as it would get a negitive score do to whitelisting)
3. Currently these no way for a normal user to add someone to the whitelist
unless they send them a email.
4. Currently there is no user defined whitelist on a global. So any one who
sends out a email will whitelist the reciver for all.
5. It's in Beta !!!
1-1 of 1